Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I never know what to write in these things. 

Life man. Life. Has thrown my ass around lately. I'm unemployed and out of school and will be for a while.... and I'm so happpy... finally. It hurt, the whole life falling apart thing, but for the first time in my recent life (at least) I'm so excited about life, and what I'm doing. I will not be going back to school for a minute, but I'm gonna do (and have started) some heavy reading on subjects I really am interested in... right now I'm starting with the Russian Revolution. Shit is so cool to learn from.  Dunno really what I believe, and hearing my grandpa talk today was soooo awesome for the forward movement of my life. All my life, I knew Stalin's reign ended the lives of his father and several of his extended family (mine too i guess huh) and I saw how easily that led to umm stuff in his life and though it sucks, I lucked out because if he didn't get out the way he did, I wouldn't be here, my mom wouldn't be here, my grandparents would have never met, etc. But hearing first hand some shit.... duuuuuude... It's the best education you can get. Yes there's biased opinions and selected memories shared and remembered, but... I'm just taking it and running. I am getting nowhere.

Soooo on the way home from Michigan with my mom, we had the best soundtrack, thanks to cds I left in her car a while back. First we jammed to some fuckin BIGGIE (who she LOVED) and then Fake Empire- The National, some Wycleffffff, Typical Cats..... then the fucking Counting Crows and sang my (our) heart(s) out... heaven... and ended it perfectly with Manu Chao. 

In potentially the roughest of the rough, this is the best silkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Couldn't ask for more. I could, I guess, but I'm so happy :).

1 comment:

  1. Lenas...I am happy you are happy lady.Life will do what it does, your happiness will ensure that.I love you.And ummm...lemme know how that book is. I am reading eldridge cleaver's soul on ice.you might like...

    ReplyDelete